Wednesday 22 April 2009

Another Certificate - Peter GUTHRIE death

I've ordered a couple of certificates from the GRO in Belfast now and I've been very happy with the service. It costs £12 to buy a certificate from them but always seem to arrive within a week even if I've been a bit sketchy with some of the information I've provided.

Peter GUTHRIE was my gtx2 grandfather. He died on 14 May 1888 at the age of 91in the townland of Pharis in the parish of Loughguile in Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland. He was a farmer and I think that the farm he had was probably the same one that my mother was brought up on.

He was a widower but so far I've had no joy in finding out who he was married to. His son, Daniel, married Jane LOUGHRIDGE. I have no idea if Daniel had any siblings. Peter appears on Griffith's Valuation in 1851 but that doesn't give me anymore information about the family.

I am slowly piecing together bits of information about Peter but the most interesting bit can be found here. According to this book one of Peter's fields was called "the graveyard field" because they found human remains and coffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment